Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Rotini Salad

Told ya I would see you before a month was out! So like I said yesterday I have a million cookbooks, so I am on a mission to try more recipes. Today I made a very nice dish to take to a picnic or potluck at a church. It is called Rotini Salad. I don't know if you have ever had the salads at the deli counter but how they have that very distinct taste. Well I love the stuff but then I look at the ingredient list and I just can't bring myself to eat them. So when I tasted this salad I was thrilled. It has that tang because of the vinegar but is sweet due to the sugar. I will totally make this again. Enjoy and see you before you wonder where I went again!

1 box cooked pasta(used Ronzoni Smart Taste)

2 cups Mayo

1 cup water

1/2 cup vinegar

1 cup sugar

1 med chopped onion fine

1 cup celery chopped fine

1/2 tsp turmeric spice

salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients well in large bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Stir well before using, The dressing will be a bit thin.

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm Mmmm! I love home made pasta salad! I agree with you that you just need to look at the ingredients on store bought...there are so many you can't pronounce it can't be good for you! And just turns me right off from buying it!
    What a great pot luck recipe! I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!