Friday, April 16, 2010

Cinnamon Cookie

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE! I just love Friday, it is such a accomplishment. Think about it you got out of bed every morning, got dressed, got your kid(s) dressed, fed, and out the door with or without a hitch. Sometimes I just think, wow we women are amazing. The things you do to keep your home running like a fine machine. Now I must say I have a husband that helps me a lot, so thank you husband. But seriously ladies, be proud of yourselves, you do a lot and you give a lot! So before the weekend comes I would like to post a recipe that I plan on trying. On Sunday, we go to my in-laws after church for lunch, so I will be making cinnamon cookies for dessert. I really like making desserts to take somewhere because that means I won't eat all of it myself. So have a great weekend and I'll tell you how the cookies turned out next week!

CINNAMON COOKIES

Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 tablespoons molasses
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (will use whole wheat flour)
1 1/8 teaspoons baking soda
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

Directions
Preheat oven to 350
Cream together butter and sugar.
Mix in egg and molasses, blending well.
Mix flour, baking soda and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.


linked up to Foodie Friday

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting!